Are you intuitive? A skeptic? Just plain fascinated by the human brain? Join Eric Olive from Decision Genius to learn when to trust your gut and when to question it in favor of a more deliberate and analytical response. Based on the latest research about intuition, this presentation will reveal the surprising truth about intuition-based decisions.
We’ll start by identifying your decision style as we proceed to explore the fascinating, powerful, and sometimes perilous nature of intuitive decision making.
- The difference between emotion and intuition.
- The difference between insights and intuition.
- About the power of intuition in certain, specific circumstances.
- How, in other situations, intuition can lead you astray, sometimes at great cost.
Part 1: Intuition Explained
A real-world case study will illustrate intuition-based decision making.
Next, we’ll help you identify your decision style as we explore the differences between intuition, insights, and emotion. Specifically, we’ll discuss:
- The seductive nature of emotion and why it often leads us astray.
- How insights differ from intuition, and why this distinction is important.
- The real basis for intuition, patterns and expertise.
Part 2: The Power and Perils of Intuition
With these distinctions in place, we’ll learn how your expertise serves as the basis for sound, intuition-based decisions under certain, highly specific circumstances. Next, we’ll explain the high cost of relying on intuition when these conditions are not in place.
Part 3: Intuition and Analysis
Finally, we’ll work with your real-world choices as we experiment with the power of combining intuition and analysis in cases where analysis or intuition alone is insufficient.